Today was a coffee drink'n, teeth'n and crash napp'n kind of day. (Yawn) Being healthy is important to me so that I can live life to the fullest and also set a good example for my family. I find that one of my biggest hindrances to not eating healthy is lack of planning. Therefore, it's necessary that I prepare healthy meals and snacks in advance so that I don't opt for the junky, but all too convenient option.
These overnight oats are packed with nutrition and flavour. It also keeps me feeling fuller longer which is good for the 'ole waistline too! Enjoy!
PREP TIME: 5 MIN | TOTAL TIME: 8 HR
INGREDIENTS (makes 1, 250-ml mason jar serving)*
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt (I like Balkan style)
- 1/3 cup any kind of milk (you can use up to 1/2 cup if you prefer a thinner consistency)
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1/2 tsp chia seeds
- Dash of cinnamon + salt
- Mix together + pour into mason jar + set in fridge overnight
- Sprinkle in your favourite toppings such as fruit or muesli
- Enjoy at home or on-the-go
* I usually make a double batch at a time so I can use the whole banana and make breakfast for both the hubby & I
What are your convenient breakfast go-to's?